In addition to different design options, the most important features for luggage materials are, above all, robustness and low weight. One differentiates basically between soft luggage (or soft shell box) and hard luggage (or hard shell box). A particularly modern and beautiful variant are so-called hybrid-cases. This is a combination of hard and soft shell, which combines the advantages of both types.
Ready to start a suitcase production?
You will likely be asked to provide certain specifications before starting your suitcase production, including:
- Size: Height, width and depth (in cm or inch).
- Closure:TSA locks (Transportation Security Administration), pockets, zipper, gaps, magnetic snap, buckle, etc.
- Straps: Height adjustable handle, Shoulder Strap, handheld or both, length and width of straps.
- Color: Choice of materials and fabrics for outer color, inner lining, seams, applications, zippers, straps, clasps, etc.
- Material: Polyamides, polypropylene, (ABS-) polycarbonate, nylon, aluminium, leather, PU, HDPE, polyester, etc.
- Logos:Silkscreen printing, heat transfer printing, rubber patch and metal plate. Custom logos can also be made on zipper-pullers or other accessories
- Printing: logo and design printings (best in pantone colors)
- Hardware: Brass (solid or antique), nickel (dark, pearl or matted), metal, etc.
- Pockets: Interior, exterior, side pockets, extra protected laptop compartment etc.
- Additional custom details: Embossing, tags, decoration, etc.
- Production details: Order quantity, time constrains, target group
If you want to start a customized suitcase production don’t hesitate to contact us and send an email to
We are looking forward to your request!
Your Matchory Team
For hard cases, aluminum, plastics (such as polypropylene, ABS or polycarbonate) and recently Curv are used. Curv is made of polypropylene continuous fibers and is characterized by high load carrying capacity and very low weight.For soft luggage, fabrics are made of nylon, perlon or other fibers as well as leather and PU.
If you need additional information about the materials which you can use for your suitcase manufacturing before starting your own production or if you want to know specific production details just go to our main page LUGGAGE and also have a look on our BLOG.